About the company
Nasty Shadows Theatre Company was founded in the Summer of 1999 by a UNB student and faculty member. While working with small groups of actors and technicians from New Brunswick, the Company’s main objective has been to provide audiences with thought-provoking, intimate, and immediate theatrical creations with a focus on stripped down/minimalistic productions.
Since 2011 the Shadows have started devoting more and more time towards developing new original work, some of which is shared as actual productions while other work remains in the Shadows … for now.
— LINKS TO NASTY STUFF —
- Past Productions — find details about all past Nasty shows from 1999-Present
- Rehearsal Notes — ramblings by Scott about current and past rehearsals
- Reviews & Articles — media coverage from 1999-Present
- Theatrically Nasty Thoughts — random ponderings by Scott about this thing called “theatre”
- Shadows — here you can find information about members of the Company
Our Shadows play @UNB, being Staff/Faculty/Alumni of the university, having worked with/through the Theatre UNB program. We are very grateful to UNB Conference Services for helping make our work possible by providing rehearsal space.
Really enjoying reading your blog as you post about rehearsals. Hope to see a production one day.
Break a leg!
I witnessed your performance of HOUSE on Dec. 4, 2008. It was, well, fuckin’ great. The nuances you brought to the character and his stories surpassed your excellent performance of Steve in McIvor’s Wild Abandon. I had considered trying to direct this challenging piece, but after seeing you do it, I don’t have to. I couldn’t bring a better performance out of someone. Well done and thanks.